SOLVE REAL WORLD PROBLEMS PLAYING VIRTUAL GAMES
BE A GAME-CHANGER
You DON’T have to be a techie, whizz-kid, geek or gaming guru.
You DO have to be an imagineer, problem-solver and creative visionary. You need to be a GAME-CHANGER!
Stand a chance to win the Super Prize valued at R200 000 to make your idea happen!
- We’ll gamify your ‘real-world solution’ concept by turning it into a REAL ‘virtual game’ on Mxit – with your name on it and Moola in your pocket
- Experience your own REAL-LIFE launch & promo campaign
- We’ll put YOU in the news, so your game can PLAY IT 4WD
Pitch your VIRTUAL GAME CONCEPT for a REAL WORLD SOLUTION:
- Identify ANY South African social problem (eg: education, poverty, hunger, teen pregnancy, food security, pollution, poaching, crime, corruption, disease, conflict, drugs, energy, ethics, housing, transport, etc) – and CREATE A VIRTUAL SOLUTION!
- Make sure it uses game play and game mechanics to create an experience as well as teach fundamental skills like: strategy, timing, teamwork, awareness, leadership, problem solving, resilience, creativity, communication, persistence, survival, resourcefulness, sharing, initiative taking, freedom, trust, patience, courage, etc.
- Make it a game that matters – and that moves your gamers into REAL action.
- Make it a game YOU’D like to play!
- Inspire positive change!
LET THE GAMES BEGIN
- Watch the “PLAY FOR REAL” video above
- Go to Brainstorming Tips
- Sign up as a CHANGE MAKER (fly solo or recruit a multi-talented team). Please enter in your individual capacity/ies and not on behalf of an organisation.
- Pitch your VIRTUAL GAME CONCEPT in a 1 minute video clip or in +/- 500 words. (See Challenge Guidelines on top LHS)
- Click the YELLOW BANNER below to post your pitch or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
PITCH IDEA ONLINE: Thursday, 20th September, 2012
VOTE ONLINE: Mon 24th – Wed 26th September (send the TOP 10 ideas to Super Stage)
SUPER STAGE EVENT: Stellenbosch University, Thursday 4th October 2012. (You make the Top 10, we fly you in)
- Understand the average Mxit user – they are your gaming audience;
- Check out the most successful SA/Mxit games and how they are played (eg: Mobiraba, Cabango, JudgeMe, BattleTrivia, etc);
- Familiarise yourselves with the most popular phones used on Mxit.
- Find case studies of the ‘gamification’ of eg: education (mLearning), or health (mHealth), etc.