How it works
Calling on the Supernews Public!
We’re democratizing the fundraising process by asking you to ‘Put your money where your mouse is and ‘vote with your pocket change to help make these inspiring ideas happen.
- Every idea with a ‘FUND’ banner on it means it’s one of the top 10 Super Ideas that got voted in by you, the Supernews Public, to go to Super Stage. Now it’s ripe for Crowd Funding.
- Each Super Idea will display a funding target and a percentage bar that calculates how much ‘pocket change’ has been given so far.
- Select the Super Idea you want to fund and click the FUND button which will link you to the ‘VOTE with your pocket change’ form.
- Stipulate the amount you want to contribute – anything from R25 and up. Then you’ll be linked to the Payfast payment gateway, followed by an automated ‘Thank You’ when your payment has been made.
- Once a Super Idea has met or surpassed its funding goal , you will be notified and the Change Maker/s will kick their Super Idea into action.
- The Change Maker/s will write monthly progress reports and finally launch the idea on www.supernews.co.za
- You’ll be acknowledged for backing the Super Idea once it launches, but only you and the Supernews core team will know your funding amount.
Supernews™ is a Non-Profit Section 21 Company, Registration # 2010/000172/06. Supernews is also a Non-Profit Organisation: NPO # 082-534-NPO, and a Public Benefit Organisation: PBO # 9300 343 94. Supernews is a Section 18A-approved organisation.
Got a question? Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org