We can’t be everywhere or vet every single story, so we’re making you, the Supernews Community, our editing team at large. You can give us your input by offering a comment below the news report in question or you can flag material you feel violates the Supernews Code of Conduct. We’ll be alerted and our in-house editing team will review it and decide whether to remove it completely or even disable the reporter’s Supernews account.
What kind of content IS welcome on supernews.co.za?
It’s yours: your news report is made up of your own words and images, or those that you have the rights to use.
- It’s true: your news report is about real events, or real opinions on events. It’s not news if you make it up.
- It’s Newsworthy: your news report is current, interesting, informative, topical, relevant, influential, important and fresh.
- It’s got the ‘Supernews™ perspective’ factor: your news report offers a new perspective or original idea, is inspiring, innovative, uplifting, imaginative, creative, compelling, hopeful, has the potential to increase awareness, create change, have a positive impact on society, influence people to take action, start a new way of thinking and is a Paradigm Shifter.
What isn’t welcome?
- Content that you know to be untrue or has highly exaggerated claims. It’s up to you to make sure your news story, your leads and your people are legitimate. So do all the research and follow ups you need and then make double sure you’re on the right track, because if the story hits the news stands and it’s not legit, their lawyers will be coming after you, personally.
- Spam, or repeated uploads. Any attempts to flood the site with duplicate versions of the same or similar content will be removed.
- Offensive content that advocates dangerous, illegal or predatory acts or poses a reasonable threat to personal or public safety or that may be harmful to minors, including hate speech which contains slurs or the malicious use of stereotypes intended to attack of demean a particular gender, sexual orientation, race, religion or nationality, or content that appears to have been captured solely, or principally, for exploitive, prurient or gratuitous purposes.
- Obscene content or language, including pornography or sexually explicit content or otherwise illegal content.
- Content that defames, abuses, harasses, stalks , threatens or otherwise violates the legal rights of others